Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Singing For Dummies- The Book

        Hello! In this post I would like to share a book with you, that might help you improve your singing skills. This book is called Singing For Dummies. By: Pamelia S. Phillips, DMA.  I picked up the book and started to flip through the pages and at first glance, I saw a lot of techniques that I could use. This book, as I have learned, is used mostly for reference or if your having trouble in a particular area and want to get better. It has been teaching me, and hopefully you, about the basics of singing. (Why people sing, parts of your voice, singing material ect.) then it started talking about posture: how to sit/stand while your singing. Now, all this is pretty basic stuff but in all truths, it is very clear and on topic, so if your having trouble it explains it in a very clear way. As you make your way towards the middle of the book it works more on better sound qualities. What's really great about this is that the book is included with a CD, and it tells you in the book where it uses it. So, for any questions or concerns this book is a great reference to look to when needed. I will definitely be using this book throughout my blog for further usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment